Our contact details
Name: Kaleidoscope Choir
Address: Choir Secretary, c/o Thomas Spencer Hall, Church St, Whittington, Lichfield WS14 9JX
Phone Number: 07377 223129
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Email, telephone numbers and addresses of audience members who request tickets as appropriate in order to satisfy the ticket request. These are not retained after the relevant event
- Members name, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers. This information is only shared within the Kaleidoscope Committee and is not shared with any 3rd party (including other members), unless the member gives explicit consent for a specific purpose. Kaleidoscope retains the information until the member resigns from Kaleidoscope in writing or via email.
- Enquirers email and/or telephone numbers pertaining to membership. These are either retained as part of our membership list, as above, or deleted if the enquirer decides not to join the choir
- Email, telephone numbers and addresses of organisations for whom we perform, as appropriate to satisfy event request.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
We use the information that you have given to us in order to:
- Sell & distribute tickets for an event
- Contact members via email, telephone, or post
- Communicate with prospective members
- Communicate with organisations or individuals about events
We do not share this information with anyone unless with explicit consent of the individual or organisation
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
Members details are kept in a password protected spreadsheet held by the chairperson and only available to Committee members. Members email addresses are held on our web host server’s email system. This is protected by password and security pin, and only available to the Secretary and her nominated deputy.
Enquirer’s details (email and/or telephone number) are stored within Committee members emails or digital devices as appropriate.
We keep members details until they resign from Kaleidoscope, and any organisation or individual’s contact details until the event activity is completed. We will then dispose of your information by deleting any reference not available through public means.
Kaleidoscope are committed to ensuring personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Kaleidoscope have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure contact details
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk